Introducing our all new 6 week course, designed to strengthen your core and improve fitness, strength and power.
Starting on Monday 14th March 2022 from 7:30-8:30pm at York Sport Centre gym this all new course is the perfect introduction to weightlifting. This is suitable for all gym-goers who want a new challenge and want to learn how to perform the snatch and clean & jerk lifts!
Why choose weightlifting? It’s is a fantastic Olympic sport and has incredible health benefits, including:
- Improved explosive strength and power.
- Improved mobility in key areas such as ankles, hip and upper body.
- Stronger muscles, bones and connective tissues, reducing your risk of injury.
- Improved body composition with a powerful metabolic affect, helping to burn fat.
- Helps reduce stress, anxiety, and improves confidence.
If you play sport either competitively or for fun, this also has huge benefits for improving your speed, agility and overall power!
The programme is led by Rob Milner who is the strength and conditioning coach for the athletes at the University of York, with a Level 2 British Weightlifting Coaching qualification and several years experience.
Limited places available!
We have kept the numbers down to 8 so that we can ensure high quality coaching throughout! Make sure you book today!
|Six Week Weightlifting course||£60||Book Now|