Fun sessions suitable for children aged 8-11 years of all abilities including complete beginners, delivered by our qualified cycling and triathlon coaches.
Our next 6 week course starting on the 6th March is now available to book!
Bike/Run – warm up with mobilisation exercises, running drills, and an endurance element. Onto the bike, starting with a bike safety check, followed by bike skills such as pushing, scooting, mounting, dismounting and bike handling. Each session finishes with transition theory and fun transition games and races.
Strength & Conditioning – Indoor fun activities to build strength, speed and power, agility and fitness.
Swim – warm up and drills focusing on swim technique posture, core strength, body position and breathing followed by fun games and races.
The 6 week course plan includes a mix of Bike/Run, Swim and Strength & Conditioning sessions. All sessions are held on Wednesday evenings.
|Week 1||06/03/2019||Bike/Run||17:00-18:00||York Sport Village – Cycle Circuit|
|Week 2||13/03/2019||Swim||19:00-19:45||York Sport Village – Swimming Pool|
|Week 3||20/03/2019||Strength & Conditioning||17:00-18:00||York Sport Centre – Arena|
|Week 4||27/03/2019||Bike/Run||17:00-18:00||York Sport Village – Cycle Circuit|
|Week 5||03/04/2019||Swim||19:00-19:45||York Sport Village – Swimming Pool|
|Week 6||10/04/2019||Bike/Run||17:00-18:00||York Sport Village – Cycle Circuit|
Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis.
Please follow the button link below to be added to a waiting list for the next course starting 1st May 2019.
Where will the training take place?
Bike/Run sessions will be held at the York Sport Cycle Circuit at the York Sport Village (Lakeside Way Heslington YO10 5FG) Weather Permitted.
Swim sessions will be held at the York Sport Swimming Pool at the York Sport Village (Lakeside Way Heslington YO10 5FG).
Strength & Conditioning sessions will be held indoors in the Arena at York Sport Centre (University of York, James Way, Heslington, York YO10 5NA).
Who can take part?
This course is aimed at Children ages 8-11 and will cater to all abilities.
How much are the courses?
The 6-week course starting 16th January will cost £33
What do I need to bring?
Bike/Run sessions are outdoors so please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.
Cycle Circuit Sessions
- If you are bringing your own bike, it is essential that it is checked and it is roadworthy before you attend. Helmets are compulsory.
- Please make sure children are wrapped up warm, gloves, hats and a rain jacket are also recommended.
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothing, preferably no dresses or skirts to avoid anything getting caught in bike wheels or chain. Strictly no sandals.
- Layering clothing is the best way to stay warm and you can always shed a layer if you get too hot.
- A bottle of water will help to keep you hydrated.
- In order to ensure the smooth running of lessons we ask that parents would not enter poolside.
- Please ensure that you arrive in enough time to change and arrive on poolside just before the session.
- Please also remember to bring a water bottle to keep hydrated during the swim sessions.
- Don’t forget your swim hat if you have long hair and your swimming goggles.
Do you provide bikes and helmets?
If you would like to hire a bike you need to book this in advance (select “add to appointment…” on the booking page) otherwise you will need to bring a roadworthy bike. Please note – We have a limited number of bikes and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Bike and Helmet Hire after Christmas will be £10.50 for the 6 week Course.
If you are bringing your own bike, it is essential that it is checked and it is roadworthy before you attend.