Every Saturday from 9:00am
Register here to participate in parkrun and receive recorded times.
Are you a new starter to running or a long standing running veteran?
Then why not visit York Sport and complete our 5km parkrun around our Cycle Circuit and Heslington East Campus?
With a tarmac or paved surface throughout the route, there’s no need to try running in your wellies! We also have changing facilities, lockers and a cafe on site to warm up and fuel up once you have completed your run!
What is parkrun?
parkrun is an international running event which take places every Saturday morning at 9:00. Whether you are new to running or an expert, the timed 5km route is accessible to all people. Please note, under 11s MUST run with an adult at ALL times.
The nearby Piazza Restaurant opens from 9:00 – 15:00 serving Starbucks coffee, hot food and snacks.
York Sport Cafe opens from 9:00 – 18:00 serving Costa Coffee, snacks and soft drinks.
Would you like to be a volunteer?
Each week we need a team of volunteers to support our parkrun. You would be required to support set up and pack down of the event and would be asked to volunteer between 8.30am-10.00am.
The other volunteering roles include:
- Time keeping
- Pace Runner
- Runner Funneling
- Bar code scanning
To volunteer, please email the team (email@example.com) and they will be in contact to confirm.
Considerations for participants and volunteers
- Please ensure you are fit and healthy to participate.
- Bring food and fluids to stay nutritionally fueled and hydrated.
- Ensure all children under the age of 11 years are accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Ensure all dogs are kept on leads at all times and faeces are disposed of.
- During sunny weather, please ensure sun cream is worn.
- Dress appropriately for participation in a parkrun.