Park run is weekly timed run for all abilities every Saturday from 9:00am! Heslington parkrun is based at York Sport Village, running around our Cycle Circuit and continuing though Heslington East Campus. Wheather you are new to running or an expert, the timed 5km route is accessible to all people.
With a tarmac and paved surfaces throughout the route, and York’s famously flat roads, the Heslington 5k is an ideal route for those just starting out, or those trying to achieve their personal best. In addition, we also have changing facilities, lockers and a cafe on site to warm up and fuel up once you have completed your run!
*Please note, under 11s MUST run with an adult at ALL times.
Register here to participate in parkrun and receive recorded times.
York Sport Cafe opens from 9:00 – 18:00 and serves Costa Coffee, snacks and soft drinks.
The nearby Piazza Restaurant opens from 9:00 – 15:00 serving Starbucks coffee, hot food and snacks.
Each week the parkrun needs a team of volunteers to support our parkrun. You would be required to support set up and pack down of the event and would be asked to volunteer between 8.30am-10.00am.
Volunteering roles include:
- Time keeping
- Pace Runner
- Runner Funneling
- Bar code scanning
Considerations for participants and volunteers
- Please ensure you are fit enough to participate.
- Please bring snacks and a water bottle to stay fuelled and hydrated.
- Ensure all children under the age of 11 years are accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Ensure all dogs are kept on leads at all times and are properly cleaned up after.
- During sunny weather, please ensure sun cream is worn.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and activity your volunteering for.
To volunteer, please email the team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will be in contact to confirm.
- Don’t forget your barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don’t scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- Parkrun operate a “No barcode, No result” policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won’t get a time.
- Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Find out your time on the results page and follow the news page which includes event reports, normally updated a day or two after the event.
- If you’re not receiving emails, it may be in your spam folder. Parkrun have a few tips on their support site to help you.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.
The Heslington parkrun is not run by York Sport.