York Sport Schools
At York Sport we offer a York Sport Schools sport premium programme, coaching a variety of sports within your primary school whilst linking activity to current curriculum Science, English, Maths, Literacy and PSHE. Our vision is to improve academia through the power of participating within Sport.
The Sport Premium Packages are available within Cycling, Swimming, Tennis and Fitness. All are delivered during school hours for reception, key stages 1 and 2 – the stages where children can benefit most from this unique blend of sports and academia-focused coaching.
- A two hour coached sports session for <30 juniors per class; 1 hour session per year group.
- 1-2 teachers receive a 3 hour CPD workshop. The workshop will build confidence to use the “In the Zone” tool kit to teach current curriculum Science, English, Maths, Literacy and PSHE alongside the delivery of practical sport sessions.
- Teacher mentoring. Teachers will be mentored during the coached sports sessions to build sporting delivery confidence.
- All equipment provided
- All children receive a certificate.
- Impact report at the end of your programme.
- All coaches will be UKCC qualified level 2 coach/instructor.
- All coaches will be DBS checked.
- Custom build the number of classes you require.
Whilst a 1 week taster session can be booked, we require programme bookings to be a minimum of 3 weeks (maximum 6 weeks) to ensure the greatest academic and sporting impact possible
An after-school package is available upon request when booking a regular package.
If you require any further information please contact us on 01904 323854 or at email@example.com. Alternatively, complete our online Expression of Interest Form and a member of the team will respond to you in due course.